Undgå flaskehals med Domino
Domino Digital Printing Solutions will be showcasing its newly developed digital cold foil and spot varnish applications at Labelexpo Europe 2019
Installed on the latest AB Graphic’s Digicon Series 3 finishing line, with a semi-rotary die-cutting system, two of Domino’s 333mm UV ink jet K600i printers will be printing digital UV-curable adhesive for cold foil lamination and UV-curable spot varnish respectively.
At Labelexpo 24 – 27 September, Brussels Expo, these systems will be printing a range of creative brand-enhancing embellishments and security features using a newly developed and unique UV-curable clear ink. Each K600i dual bar system can be interchanged between printing adhesive for digital cold foil applications or printing spot varnish.
- We’re delighted to be bringing this latest innovative development in digital cold foil and spot varnish to Labelexpo Europe 2019, says Jim Orford, K600i Product Manager at Domino Digital Printing Solutions.
- This next generation of digital cold foiling technology builds on our first development introduced 5 years ago, but now with superior edge definition and foil break-off.
When combined with the Domino N610i seven colour digital label press, it now enables printers to adopt full digital production, without the need in many cases for any printing plates, simplifying production management, and dramatically reducing the time and waste material required for a job change. Jim Orford continues:
- We also often see the high laydown ink design enabling many traditional screen print applications to be replaced by digital ink jet. Digital printing has been available for some time, but this will truly revolutionise the label print and finishing process. This now takes finishing into the digital age, removing what many of our customers see as the production efficiency bottleneck, offering greater efficiency to produce short and medium run, added-value embellished labels quickly, and with significantly reduced man hours and material waste.
Domino is also promoting digital foiling for security applications including parallel trade and anti-counterfeit applications. Jim Orford adds:
- Holographic foils and variable data printing have both been used as a security feature in packaging for some time. The latest K600i digital foiling can combine both these features, creating codes with added complexity and greater anti-counterfeit protection.
With over 700 installations worldwide, Domino’s versatile K600i offers exceptional productivity and efficiency. Utilising the unique intelligent technology i-Tech features, such as CleanCap, StitchLink and Actiflow, ensures that the K600i is simple to run and maintain with maximum uptime and productivity. The K600i has the capability of printing onto a wide range of substrates including labels, tags, tickets and security products.
Orford concludes that Labelexpo Europe 2019 will provide an excellent platform for Domino to demonstrate its ground-breaking digital foiling and spot varnish solution to a wide audience.
- We invite all those in the industry to come and see for themselves, what will become the future way labels are finished, and to learn just how a fully digital approach can help drive their business forward.
At Labelexpo Europe 2019, Domino Digital Printing Solutions will be hosting Domino K600i embellishment presentations with demonstrations of digital printing of varnish and digital cold foiling on Booth 9A60 at 11:45 and 15:15 from Tuesday 24th to Thursday 26th September and at 11:15 on Friday 27th September. Other planned demonstrations include the N610i digital label press in roll to roll format, the N610i hybrid 20 minutes production efficiency challenge and the latest K600i high speed monochrome variable data imprinting.
Visit Domino at Hall 9, booths 9A60 and 9B50, 24 – 27 September, Brussels Expo