First full-featured HERMA 500 label applicator
The new HERMA 500 is a high-speed label applicator capable of operating continuously – 24 hours a day and seven days a week if necessary. Running at 200 meters or 2,000 labels a minute, synchronized with the product speed, it achieves record-breaking marathon performance
Key to its output is the latest full-featured version with motorized winders and a loop unit, which HERMA has now introduced. Non-stop operation while delivering these performance figures, irrespective of the labeling task, is made possible by an optional cooling unit.
It allows maximum output to be maintained across multiple shifts, even in demanding climatic conditions.
- Our HERMA 500 defines the latest benchmark for high-performance applications, says Martin Kühl, head of the Labeling Machines Division of HERMA.
Users whose products are labeled at slower speeds can benefit in every respect from our new HERMA 500 as well.
- The base unit is always identical, so that the applicator consistently embodies excellent processing quality and reliability alongside user-friendly operation and special features for faster set-up. Even those who apply labels at a rate of up to 50 m/min have a decisive advantage, explains Kühl, and he continues:
- Up to this speed, the HERMA 500 does not need motorized versions of the unwinder and rewinder, which gives users substantial cost benefits.
It also offers security of investment thanks to code-enabled functionality and performance upgrades. In other words, the user does not have to invest in a new applicator in order to obtain higher output or integrate a master encoder, which enables the device to be synchronized with the product speed.
Another unique offering for HERMA applicators is the Service Portal https://machines.herma.com, where customers can not only update the firmware and order replacement and wearing parts, but also configure the HERMA 500 including the stand – ready for integration – entirely according to their needs and wishes.
- Thanks to the highly automated order procedure, we can ship the HERMA 500 within ten working days. It enables us to build the machines quickly and offer shortest response times in that industry, comments Kühl.
Ready for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
The applicator is operated intuitively, just like a smartphone, from the 4.3” color touchscreen. The display is rotatable in 90° increments to ensure optimum visibility in any situation.
Apart from these attributes, the HERMA 500 provides extensive and future-proof connectivity for the transition to the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Besides an integrated web server, which can be accessed remotely as well, the new applicator features interfaces for connecting to higher-level controls by way of OPC Unified Architecture or Industrial Ethernet protocols.
For users and operators alike, this results in more efficient control of production processes, which is crucial in the case of complex machine concepts in particular. Having obtained both UL and CSA listings, the HERMA 500 can be used without any limitations anywhere in the USA and Canada.
The great versatility and ease of installation of the HERMA 500 has already proved its worth. It is the beating heart of all the labeling machines produced by HERMA.
These include a high-output wrap-around labeler for up to 500 pharma products a minute, a top labeler with automatic product tracking for extremely accurate outcomes, a machine for wrap labeling of fresh food packs, and a semi-automatic healthcare machine designed specifically for the wrap-around labeling of very small batches, especially for products that tend to tip over.
- The HERMA 500 demonstrably lives up to its promise of being a genuine all-rounder, insists Martin Kühl.
- The combination of high performance and future-proof connectivity, coupled with extreme flexibility and supreme ease of operation, make it a product without parallel worldwide.